AIDS United’s Southern REACH (Regional Expansion of Access and Capacity to Address HIV/AIDS) initiative supports the improvement of the HIV/AIDS focused policy/advocacy activities of community-based organizations in nine states of the U.S. South (AL, AR, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN), one of the nation’s most impacted regions in the HIV/AIDS epidemic, as evidence by extreme health disparities. The program, with generous support provided by the Ford Foundation, includes grantmaking, technical assistance and network development. The 2014-2015 grant awards support the development of programs that seek to achieve social change, shape responsible HIV/AIDS public policy, and/or respond to the underlying legal, political, and systemic barriers contributing to disproportionate rates of HIV/AIDS in the Southern United States.
2015 -2016 Southern REACH RFP:
For the 2015 - 2016 Southern REACH grant cycle, the RFP will only be made available to organizations that receive an invitation to apply for funds. Please be sure to regularly check the Funding Opportunities section of our website for other opportunities your organization may be eligible to receive.
The current Southern REACH grantees are:
- ACCESS Network Inc,
- AIDS Action Coalition of Huntsville
- AIDS Alabama Inc.
- BASIC NWFL Inc
Panama City, FL
- Birmingham AIDS Outreach Inc.
- Catawba Care
Rock Hill, SC
- Collaborative Solutions Inc.
- Duke University AIDS Legal Project
- El Centro Hispano
- Equality Foundation of Georgia Inc.
- Friends for Life Corporation
- HIV/AIDS Alliance for Region Two
Baton Rouge, LA
- Legal Services Alabama Inc.
- Legal Services of Southern Piedmont Inc.
- Living Affected Corporation
Little Rock, AR
- Louisiana AIDS Advocacy Network
- Mississippi Center for Justice
- My Brother's Keeper
- Nashville CARES Inc.
- NO AIDS Task Force
New Orleans, LA
- North Carolina AIDS Action Network
- North Carolina Harm Reduction Coalition
- OASIS (Okaloosa AIDS Support & Informational Services Inc.)
Ft. Walton Beach, FL
- SisterLove Inc.
- South Carolina HIV/AIDS Council
- South Carolina HIV Task Force
- Southern AIDS Coalition
- Western North Carolina AIDS Project
- Women With A Vision
New Orleans, LA
For more information about Southern REACH, email: REACH@aidsunited.org
VISA, Mastercard & AMEX accepted.
AIDS United has been ranked a Four Star Charity by Charity Navigator.
News and Updates
Bristol-Myers Squibb commits $1 million to help AIDS service organizations ...
Latest Blog Post
As a Member on the newest team in the AIDS ...