- Reagan National Airport (DCA) - ~20 minutes from hotel
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) - ~45 minutes from hotel
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI) - ~1 hour from hotel
Transportation to the Hotel:
- The hotel does not provide shuttle service. Please see airport transportation options below:
Washington, DC, has many excellent public transportation options, including the Metro (subway). Most people find this to be the easiest and most affordable way to get around the city. For more maps and more information about fares and how to use the Metro, visit www.wmata.com
- For AIDSWatch advocates staying at the Washington Marriott Georgetown, the closest Metro station is Dupont Circle on the Red Line or Foggy Bottom on the Orange/Blue/Silver lines.
- The closest Metro stations to the U.S. Capitol are Capitol South on the Blue/Orange/Silver Line or Union Station on the Red Line.
- For those with smartphones, Google Maps is very good for giving directions for getting around via public transit
- If you’re familiar with the city or you pride yourself on your public transit savvy, DC also has a great network of bus lines, which also use the Smartrip Card.
Taxis and Other Car Services:
Hotel guests will be able to get taxis in front of the hotel, if needed. Taxis are also easy to find by hailing on the street throughout the city. A typical taxi ride between the Washington Court Hotel and Capitol Hill will run about $12, though the fare may vary. Uber and Lyft also operate in DC.
Driving Your Own Car:
Even if you are driving to Washington, DC, from out of town for AIDSWatch, getting around within the city for AIDSWatch events is often more convenient on public transportation or walking. Parking, especially on Capitol Hill, can be very difficult to find and expensive.
Hotel and Conference Center:
Washington Marriott Georgetown
1221 22nd Street, NW
Georgetown, Washington DC, 20037
$269 per night + 14.5% tax. Availability of this special AIDSWatch room rate is limited to our group block. Space is limited. Registrants are encouraged to make their reservations early.
Washington Marriott Georgetown reservations can be made here
or by calling 1-877-212-5752 using the AIDSWatch2017 group code. Room block cutoff date is Friday, March 3, 2017 at 6:00pm ET
The William Penn House
AIDSWatch 2017 lodging options now includes a lower cost option ($66.66 for two nights), The William Penn House is a substance free environment guided by Quaker values. In keeping with Quaker values, The William Penn House is open to people of all faiths or no faith at all and is a place of hospitality, learning and service. The William Penn House welcome individuals from all walks of life, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. Learn more here.
Reservations for the William Penn House will be managed directly by AIDSWatch Organizers. More information will be released, stay tuned.