Position will remain open until February 10, 2017. First round review of resumes will begin on February 6, 2017.
ABOUT AIDS UNITED
AIDS United’s mission is to end the AIDS epidemic in the United States.
We seek to fulfill our mission through strategic grantmaking, capacity
building, policy/advocacy, technical assistance and formative research.
AIDS United’s grantmaking portfolio dates to the founding of the
National AIDS Fund in 1988. For more than two decades, we have
supported community-driven responses to the HIV epidemic around the
country that reach the nation’s most disproportionately affected
populations, including gay and bisexual men, communities of color,
women, people living in the deep South and people living with HIV/AIDS.
To date, our strategic grantmaking initiatives have directly funded more
than $98 million to local communities, and have leveraged more than
$115 million in additional investments for programs that include, but
are not limited to, syringe access, access to care, capacity-building,
HIV prevention and advocacy.
AIDS United’s policy and advocacy roots were born out of coalition in
1984, when AIDS service organizations (ASOs) across the country came
together to form AIDS Action. AIDS Action Foundation (AAF) was formed as
the education arm a few years later. AAC and AAF together formed AIDS
Action, decades later, AIDS Action merged with the National AIDS Fund,
the coalition of organizations involved in AIDS United’s policy work
continues to grow. AIDS United advocates for people living with or
affected by HIV/AIDS and the organizations that serve them. We house
the most seasoned and respected domestic AIDS policy team in Washington
DC, and our public policy work is informed by a Public Policy Committee
that includes a broad array of organizations from all regions of the
country engaged in helping to end AIDS in America.
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide direct administrative support to the President & CEO and Vice President of Operations including scheduling, travel, meeting planning, reimbursement requests, and other administrative duties within the executive office.
EDUCATIONAL & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associate or Bachelor’s degree in administration, business, or related field or 3-4 years of relevant work experience required.
Position requires highly organized individual with a proven track record of efficient time management. Candidates must be able to:
- Manage several on-going efforts and take initiative;
- Manage daily tasks and know when to seek guidance and direction as needed;
- Plan and anticipate the needs and potential needs of the executives to ensure that they are always prepared;
- Perform responsibilities in a professional manner and to handle assignments with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Work in a fast-paced environment; and
- Work independently as well as a member of a team.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite. Experience in or working knowledge of Salesforce desirable.
Commensurate with education & experience (expected range of $48,000-52,000). Exceptional benefits offered in a flexible work environment.
Vice President of Operations (temporarily to the Senior Operations Specialist)
- Administrative Support for the President & CEO and Vice President of Operations
- Manage daily schedules;
- Coordinate meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up and issue resolution;
- Oversee travel coordination including booking travel and arranging for transportation and lodging;
- Manage expense reports and reimbursements, ensuring they are submitted in a timely manner;
- Provide administrative support to the Operations and Finance Department as directed;
- Maintain assigned filing systems;
- Logistical support both internal and external for organizational activities, conferences, events, and meetings;
- Assist with special projects, staff training and other general office tasks as needed or assigned;
- Create presentations in PowerPoint;
- Take minutes for executive team meetings;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Board of Trustees Support:
- Assist in the scheduling of meetings;
- Provide support in the coordination and preparation of meeting materials;
- Provide logistical support for meetings and telecons;
- Record meeting minutes for all Board of Trustee meetings.
Work is generally performed within the office environment and includes significant phone contact with public, Trustees, high level donors, corporate executives, celebrities, and grantee staff.
Position requires no travel.
How to Apply
To apply, submit a cover letter with salary requirements and current resume to email@example.com with the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Incomplete applications
will not be considered. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
AIDS United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and dedicated to
diversity in the work place. AIDS United does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender
expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status,
physical or mental disability and any other categories protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants living with HIV
and/or from communities disproportionately impacted by HIV and AIDS are
strongly encouraged to apply.